Dear IRS: One Man's List Of Taxes Last Year



An actual 'Letter to the Editor' from the February 5th edition of the Wichita Falls, Texas Times Record News...



Dear IRS,

I am sorry to inform you that I will not be able to pay taxes owed April 15, but all is not lost.


I have paid these taxes:

accounts receivable tax
building permit tax
CDL tax
cigarette tax
corporate income tax
dog licence tax
federal income tax
unemployment tax
gasoline tax
hunting licence tax
fishing
licence tax
waterfowl stamp tax
inheritance tax
inventory tax
liquor tax
luxury tax
medicare tax
city, school and county property tax (up 33 percent last 4 years)
real estate tax
social security tax
road usage tax
toll road tax
state and city sales tax
recreational vehicle tax
state franchise tax
state unemployment tax,
telephone federal excise tax
excise tax
telephone federal state and local surcharge tax
telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
telephone state and local tax
utility tax
vehicle licence registration tax
capitol gains tax
lease severance tax
oil and gas assessment tax
Colorado property tax,
Texas, Colorado, Wyoming,Oklahoma & New Mexico sales tax

and many more that I can't recall but I
have run out of space and money.

When you do not receive my check April 15, just know that it is an honest mistake.
Please treat me the same way you treated Congressmen Charles Rangle, Chris Dodd, Barney Frank and ex-Congressman Tom Dashelle and, of course, your boss Timothy Geithner. No penalties and no interest.


P.S. I will make at least a partial payment as soon as I get my
stimulus check.

Ed Barnett

Wichita Falls

No comments: